Thursday, September 27, 2012

Top Ten most anticipated Wii U games

           As the Wii U's release date approaches, I was wondering which games I should buy for the system. Needless to say, there are many Wii U games I want. When a new consoles is right around the corner, all you think about is which games are coming out for this console and since the Wii U is about to release (and since I talk a lot about the Wii U), why not make a list of the ten Wii U games I am looking forward to? The rules: These games must be announced games. Even if a game is likely to come out for the Wii U, if it isn't announced, it doesn't count. Second, they must be available on the Wii U. As obvious as it is, it matters. Third rule, Nintendo Land doesn't count since it comes with the system. Now that we are done with the rules, let the countdown commence!


10. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed 

        I'm a big Sonic fan, there's no secret there. I'm definitely getting the next big Sonic The Hedgehog game that comes to the Wii U. But the only one that is announced for the Wii U so far is Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. It sort of what happens when you combine a fat Italian plumber on a kart and a blue hedgehog. It definitely looks fun. But I'm a bit... scared. The reason is a bit ridiculous. If you've watched the trailers for this game, dubstep plays in the background. I know, it is a ridiculous reason but if you've read my Top Ten things I like in games list, you'd know by now that Music in games is important to me. Sonic The Hedgehog has some of the best soundtracks in gaming. Why does he need dubstep? I hate dubstep. But hey, you play games for the gameplay. While it looks fun, it doesn't really look like something new. But definitely a fun looking game.


9. ZombiU

       Why is ZombiU so low on the list? Raaaah! If you can't tell, ZombiU is one of the most anticipated Wii U games right now and I can see why. It looks interesting and all but what "scares" me is the fact that it might just be Red Steel all over again. But people who played the game have positive thoughts about it. But I'll be careful with this one though. Looking at some gameplay videos, I can see that this game is going to be scary. When was the last time we've seen a good survival horror game? I also like how you use the Wii U GamePad in this game as well as the whole idea of controlling one character and if this character dies, you go back to square one. Scare me, ZombiU!


8. Tekken Tag Tournament 2

      I've NEVER played a Tekken game before. Never. But Tekken Tag Tournament 2 definitely looks interesting. I mean, it's the first Tekken game to hit a Nintendo home console. I've seen many gameplay videos of this game and, my god, I like it. I love fighting games so I'll definitely try this one out. Being the only triple A fighting game in Wii U's library of games, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 looks like one of the best games in the franchise. It's getting positive reactions from the fans and since the Wii U version has even more content than the other versions, looks like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U is the way to go.


7. Trine 2

           Yeah, I know, another port. But who cares if it's a port when I haven't played the game yet? Trine 2 is a 2D Platformer. I love platformers. Plus, the game looks beautiful. I am one who doesn't usually go ape crazy over graphics but honestly, this game looks gorgeous. And since it got some great reviews, I'm even more excited for this game. A lot of people who played this game said nothing but positive things about it. Another thing I love about this game is that it's not just a copy paste port with just better graphics. The developers are actually putting effort in including more content in the Wii U version of Trine 2. That is a great thing and it shows that developers are actually interested in the system.


6. Bayonetta 2

               The game that pissed people off across the world. Must've been an excellent game to piss people off like that. Indeed, I am looking forward to the game that made fanboys rage. It had to be on this list though I can't put this game any higher since all we have is a teaser trailer. I want gameplay but I'm happy the game even exists.  I definitely want to give this game a shot. I like those Devil May Cry style action games. The weird thing is, the game is actually going to be published by Nintendo since they were the ones who financed the game. Nintendo publishing Bayonetta 2? Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Bayonetta or whatever her name is for Super Smash Bros. 4!


5. Assassin's Creed 3 & Rayman Legends

The first tie       
       
           Assassin's Creed 3: One of the most anticipated games this year PERIOD. And I can see why. Much like Tekken, I have never played an Assassin's Creed game before. That's sort of weird to me since I like Action Adventure games. Apparently, the whole game runs on a new engine and the game itself took several years to develop. The longer the development time, the better. And since Ubisoft is one of my favorite developers, why not support them by playing this game. It will keep me busy until Zelda Wii U comes out.

           Rayman Legends: Another real Rayman game! Look, people, Rayman Origins is simply one of the best games of 2011. There is no denying it. The soundtrack, the art style, the controls, THE FREAKING LEVEL DESIGN! Everything looks even better on Rayman Legends! If Rayman Legends manages to top Rayman Origins, it will be in my favorite games of all time list. Between New Super Mario Bros. U and Rayman Legends, I recommend you Rayman Legends. While Mario is the better series, Rayman Legends just looks a lot better, gameplay wise, than New Super Mario Bros. U.


4. Batman Arkham City Armored Edition

             Yes, another port and yes, I have not played Arkham City yet. But since it is coming to the Wii U with all the DLC included, I'm hyped. It was one of the best games of 2011 and I want to see why. Though, Arkham City Armored Edition gets a lot of negative response from players because of a few problems with the texture, it still isn't enough for me to not purchase the game. Of course, I'll be reading the reviews before buying the game but still, Batman Arkham City looks awesome and I love Action Adventure games, like I said before. I don't care about what you say, this is my chance to play this game!


3. Nano Assault Neo

           Not many people know about this game and that is a bit depressing because it made by Shin'en, a talented and VERY underrated developer. These guys are the guys behind Jett Rocket and Fast Racing League on WiiWare which are arguably some of the best games on WiiWare. They also made Nano Assault for the Nintendo 3DS. This time around, they're coming with Nano Assault Neo, a downloadable title. It is sort like a... a.... PARASITIC SHOOTER! Yeah, a parasitic shooter. But anyways, the game looks GORGEOUS. I haven't played the first one of the 3DS but I won't let this game slip away from me. Support Shin'en! And Nintendo, please, BUY SHIN'EN! Let them develop the next F-Zero game!


2. Pikmin 3

            You thought Pikmin 3 was going to be number one, didn't you? Well, it was going to be number one but, I found a better game than Pikmin 3, believe it or not. Let's not go off topic. Pikmin 3 was one of the most anticipated games at E3 and one one of the most anticipated Wii U games right now. I played Pikmin 2 only, but I do know what Pikmin is all about. It's been 8 long years since we've seen these walking vegetables. It was long but worth it. The gameplay is pretty much like the last two Pikmin games but with four new captains, new pikmin types and HD graphics. I really don't know what to say outside of going crazy over the fact that Pikmin goes HD but one thing is for sure, I WILL BUY THIS GAME.


Before we get to number one... RECAPITULATION!!!

10. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

9. ZombiU

8. Tekken Tage Tournament 2

7. Trine 2

6. Bayonetta 2

5. Assassin's Creed 3 & Rayman Legends

4. Batman Arkham City Armored Edition

3. Nano Assault Neo

And finally

2. Pikmin 3

And my number one most anticipated Wii U game is...

1. The Wonderful 101

       Yep. The one game that was left out of Nintendo's E3 2012 Press Conference is my most anticipated Wii U game as of now. There first time I saw this game, I thought it was going to be some shovelware game no one is going to care about. I was proven wrong when I saw the gameplay. The game is sort of what happens when Pikmin and Viewtiful Joe fuse together. And that is no coincidence since this game is being made by the talented people at Platinum Games (formerly known as Clover Studios). This game actually brings me hope for the future of gaming. I was afraid that creativity in gaming was lost. I was proven wrong. I want to support creativity. Let's show these devs that we want creativity in our games!


Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment