Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Top Ten tracks I want to see in the next Super Smash Bros.

        It should come to you as no surprise when I say I love video game music. I think it is necessary in many video games and that applies to Super Smash Bros. This list is about the ten tracks I WANT to see in the next Super Smash Brothers. The rules. Of course, one track per franchise. Second rule, they have to come from a Nintendo game and I think that's about it for the rules. Let the countdown begin!


10. See-Saw - Rhythm Heaven Fever


   
 Here's the thing about this one, I haven't played Rhythm Heaven Fever nor the DS game. I just thought this one sounded great. Also, I'd be lying if I said that the See-Saw Rhythm Fortress video did not inspire me to put this one track on this list. Now, I didn't listen to all of the songs in the game but I think that out of all the ones I listened to, this one fits the most for Super Smash Brothers. I love the guitar and I love how it speeds up in the middle. See-Saw is number ten.


9. Sunset Shore - Donkey Kong Country Returns

   
I knew I wanted to put a Donkey Kong track on here but I really didn't know which one I would go for. On the one hand, I had Sunset Shore and on the other, I had Music Madness. But I made up my mind and went with Sunset Shore. There something strangely cool about beating up your opponents to jazz music. It sort of reminds me of Cowboy Bebop, which is a good thing. Music Madness was a great song but, I don't know, I can't really imagine it being a fitting track for a fighting game, at least in my opinion. And after all, why not have both the stage AND the track that goes with it?


8. City Trial - Kirby Air Ride


   
Oh man! If there was an underrated game, it would be this one. So many great memories, so much fun and definitely one of the best Kirby soundtracks to date! I liked almost everything, especially the awesome modes, my personal favorite being the City Trial one. While it is more likely that Super Smash Bros. 4 uses tracks from Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland, it is not impossible that we get a new track from Kirby Air Ride. I put City Trial for how intense it is and just how much it would fit Super Smash Bros. If tracks like Flower Field made it in Brawl, I don't how this one can't get in.


7. The True Mirror - Baten Kaitos 


       Yet another game I haven't played. I've heard this game is pretty underrated and I feel bad about it, especially because I had the chance to buy it when it came out. But one thing is for sure, the music is great, as expected from a Monolith Soft game. Now, I am not too familiar with this game's soundtrack so I decided to go for one of its battle themes and boy, I was NOT disappointed. Now, I am not a music expert, hell, I don't play any instrument, but the sound of it is just so fitting for Super Smash Bros. minus the violin (Not saying the violin is bad here because it's great).


6. Koloktos/Moldarach - The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

 
        My personal favorite boss track from Skyward Sword. It is obvious that the next Super Smash Brothers will use tracks from Skyward Sword, just like Brawl used tracks from Twilight Princess. Koloktos is my favorite Skyward Sword boss, this is mainly due to this fantastic theme. It is pretty intense, as expected from a boss theme but it is the only orchestrated track so far. Oh, I forgot to tell you, Skyward Sword's soundtrack is fully orchestrated... F*CK YEAH! I also like this bit starting at 0:56. So good!


5. Bowser Jr.'s Fort - Super Mario Galaxy 2


   Here's a weird case. Instead one Super Mario Galaxy game we got two. With that being said, maybe we'll see tracks from both games. For this one, I'll go for Bowser Jr.'s Fort from Super Mario Galaxy 2. There are many great tracks but this one in particular sounds more fitting for a fighting game. While it is not my personal favorite track from the Galaxy series, it is perfect for a game like Super Smash Bros. Also, I just want a new track that ISN'T the original Mario theme. Just because it is famous doesn't mean it is a good track for Super Smash Bros.


4. Rundas Battle - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption


Emotional, intense and just a great theme from a great game.  Since we haven't seen any tracks from Metroid Prime 3 in Brawl, my guess is that we'll see some in Super Smash Bros. 4. This track is one of the best and most memorable ones from Prime 3 which basically means it's likely we'll see this track in Super Smash 4.


3. Fire Field - F-Zero GX



My gosh, I love the songs in F-Zero GX. This one has got to be one of my favorites. It's basically an industrial version of Fire Field with an awesome guitar solo in the middle. It's as brutal as the gameplay in F-Zero GX. Also, it's fast-paced, just the way I like it! With that being said, Fire Field (GX version) is number three.


2. Lighting Battle - Kid Icarus Uprising


The second I heard this song, I KNEW I wanted it in the next Super Smash Brothers. Seriously, that bass in the beginning? Insane, man, just insane. And that guitar? Holy snap! This screams Super Smash Brothers. and I love it for that. Kid Icarus Uprising has one of the best soundtracks of 2012 but I could pick one and this is the I go for. Fast-paced, insane bass, that electric guitar, everything. But there is one track that was able to top Lighting Battle.


...RECAP TIME!!!

10. See-Saw from Rhythm Heaven Fever

9. Sunset Shore from Donkey Kong Country Returns

8. City Trial from Kirby Air Ride

7. The True Mirror from Baten Kaitos

6. Koloktos/Moldarach from The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

5. Bowser Jr.'s Fort from Super Mario Galaxy 2

4. Rundas Battle from Metroid Prime 3

3. Fire Field from F-Zero GX

And finally

2. Lighting Battle from Kid Icarus Uprising

Aw, hell yeah!


1. You Will Know Our Names - Xenoblade Chronicles


Xenoblade Chronicles is honestly one of my favorite games of all time. Like, it's in the top 25 or something. And its music? Simply phenomenal. This one in particular is amazing. While any of Xenoblade's battle themes could easily be placed as my number one, this one is truly the most special one. Also, it isn't as... repetitive (For lack of a better word) as some of the other tracks. It constantly changes, which is big plus in my book. And the fast-paced rock just makes things better. It's memorable, it's very fitting for a fight, it's intense, it's fast-paced and it's just plain awesome.


Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment